.Bank Domain Name -3 Easy Step to buy bank domain service in India
The brand new .bank domain name (or .BANK) top-level domain (TLD) is here and it’s here to stay for sure.
As of now, NetSpace (India) is the only Bank Domain Service provider in India which is now taking the application for registering .bank domain name for financial domain registration as the finacle service provider.
Why .Bank TLD?
The experts claim, the launch of .bank TLD is a lot more secure for both banks and consumers.
.BANK is operated by fTLD Registry Services, LLC—a coalition of banks, insurance companies and financial services trade associations from around the world—which ensures it is governed in the best interests of banks and their customers.
Today more and more consumers are using mobile and online banking, and bank of all sizes need innovative tools to meet evolving customer expectations.
.Bank is 21st century bank extension especially designed for the banking community around the globe.
Bank of all size in India can now build a trusted, more secure, online identity due to a .bank domain name system.
.Bank regulated entities provide a strong foundation for mitigates cybersecurity risks, protecting your bank and online customers.
This bank extension authenticates a bank identity using a trusted verification process, supporting robust security technology.
With custom domains to enhance your brand recognition (No more long tail domain name).
As each .bank domain registration goes through verification and looks through government regulators of chartered and supervision for the verification of the bank, there is a high chance of getting your www.branded.bank domain name.
Infacts thousands of bank around the world have already registered domain names under .bank tld and started to use them.
Who can apply for .bank TLD in India ?
Now, lets talk about registration requirements for owning your .Bank TLD.
If your bank comes under the following category, you can apply to .bank domain name.
- Commercial Banks Commercial Banks refer to both scheduled and non-scheduled commercial banks which are regulated under Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- Scheduled Banks Any bank which is listed in the 2nd schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 is considered a scheduled bank. The list includes the State Bank of India and its subsidiaries (like State Bank of Travancore), all nationalised banks (Bank of Baroda, Bank of India etc), regional rural banks (RRBs), foreign banks (HSBC Holdings Plc, Citibank NA) and some co-operative banks. These also include private sector banks, both classified as old (Karur Vysya Bank) and new (HDFC Bank Ltd).
- Non-scheduled Banks Non-scheduled banks by definition are those which are not listed in the 2nd schedule of the RBI act, 1934. Banks with a reserve capital of less than 5 lakh rupees qualify as non-scheduled banks.
- Co-operative Banks All banks registered under the Cooperative Societies Act, 1912 are considered co-operative banks.
- Regional Rural Banks
3 Easy Steps To Register .Bank Domain Name In India
Step 1 : Check Availability Of Domain Name
First thing first, lets check if your bank name is available under registry operator.
goto this page and search for your domain name with .bank tld.
In this example, we have taken Indian Overseas for reference.
In a next page, enter the bank details with company information and point of contact.
An automated estimate will be created and emailed to you for reference.
Step 2 : Prepare documentation for .Bank registration requirements
Once the above step is completed, arrange the following documents to be submitted through Netspace (India) via a secure environment.
- Legal Name of the Eligible Registrant (The Bank Name)
- Registrant Contact Name
- Registrant Contact Address (Street, City, State/Province/Region, Postal Code)
- Registrant Contact Email Address
- Registrant Contact Telephone Number
- Government Regulatory Authority (if applicable)
- Regulatory ID Number (if applicable)
Step 3 : Verification of documents
ftld registry services llc will now verify your document through government regulators and then approve your .Bank Domain Name.
This verification process may take upto 15 working days as its involve various government body approval.
Netspace (India), Will take care of all communication in between and provide support during this process of approval.
Registrars may request additional information such as a human resources contact name and telephone number who can verify the employment information of the Registrant Contact and the name and contact information for someone who can verify that the Registrant Contact is authorized to register the domains requested.
The additional contact information is not required but will expedite the verification process for your domains as will providing the Government Regulatory Authority and Regulatory ID Number.
after completion of the above steps, your domain name will be assigned to your bank.
We will help you configure a domain name, as per guideline of .bank registry.
Still Have Question ?
We are here to help, feel free to get in touch with us from our contact us page with all the query you may have and we will be happy to help you.