How to configure outlook for Cpanel – Outlook 2010
If you have Linux Hosting with Cpanel with us or any hosting provider follow these simple steps to configure your email client (assuming you have created an already created email account from your Cpanel Account).
Table of Contents
Navigate to File
Navigate to File >> Add Account.
The Auto Account Setup wizard will start and request information such as type of account, your name, e-mail address, and password.
Select E-mail Account
Select “E-mail Account,” type in your name or a display name for the account, type in the full e-mail address “[email protected]” (note that user+domain.com will also work in the cPanel environment), and your password twice.
Click Next and The wizard will test the settings and should show you a successful and complete message once it finishes.
If it does not, you will see an error message. Click Next to see an option allowing you to “Manually configure server settings.”
you need to manually configure the server settings, you will be taken through another series of similar prompts.
Select Internet E-mail
- Type in your name and your e-mail address
- Select the account type as POP3 or IMAP. Type yourdomain.com for the incoming mail server, and yourdomain.com for the outgoing mail server. [Replace yourdomain.com with the name of your domain.]
- User name: enter your full email address in the format [email protected]. (note that user+domain.com will also work)
- Fill in your password and check the “Remember Password” box if you do not want to type it in each time you connect to your account.
- DO NOT check the “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication [SPA]” unless that has been activated or configured by you or a web developer.
- Click on More Settings and then Outgoing Server.
- Check the box that says My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
Also, choose the option that says Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click on Advanced. Make sure the Outgoing server (SMTP) port number is set to 25.
- Click Ok >> Click on Next to see the “Congratulations” page. Click Finish.
Leave a Comment
Subscribe: Trusted By 1M+ Readers
Get the weekly Tech Update straight to your inbox.