Google E-A-T AND SEO Your Way To Success!
Do you want to double-up your speed traffic and increase your SEO techniques?
Well, then this article is a perfect guide to freeze your searches.
In fact, 40 percent of web traffic starts with search engines, and hence website traffic is important, which requires a lot of research and experimentation.
It is very important to stay tuned in the online world as Google’s algorithms are constantly updated. Google processes around 70,000 search queries on average per second which means 5.8 billion searches per day and nearly 2 trillion searches in a year.
Table of Contents
What is E-A-T?
Google Expertise, Authority, and Trustworthy (E-A-T) score is to check how well the webpage accomplishes its purpose and delivers quality content to the users.
E- Expertise. The writer, author, or organization of the Main Content (MC) should be an expert on the topic written/ published by them.
A- Authority. The Main Content and the platform publishing the Main Content demonstrate authority. The writer should be an authority on the topic or in the field written by them. This is just not judged based on the author of some technical content is an engineer by his byline but by his profile resume or bio. The content should be well-maintained and well-written as per the promises made in the topic heading.
T- Trustworthy. Organization or website publishing/ posting the content should be trustworthy. Again, this applies to all content creators, the content, and the publisher that the content should be up-to-date, factual, and comprehensive as per the title made by the writer. The trustworthy website should load quickly and have easy-to-navigate menus and should never lead someone to a questionable off-page link.
Google keeps updating its algorithms on regular basis, small tweaks happen daily to improve the searching experience.
In 2018, Google’s Broad Core algorithm update was rolled out with a motto to make searches more relevant and improve the search experience. Google wants to provide the best links and a user-friendly experience to all user queries.
Better content gives a higher ranking (content is king ) (content is king ). Moreover, publishing this type of content leads your page with higher ranking, increased links and social shares, positive Google RankBrain Score.
For instance, High E-A-T pages on hobbies, medical advice, news articles, scientific topics, home remodeling, and financial, legal, or tax advice should be produced or written by people or organizations with respective field expertise or accreditation or from experienced sources that users can trust. These articles should be regularly reviewed, edited, and updated on a regular basis. Especially, the news articles should contain content that is factually accurate and should be presented in a way that helps users achieve a better understanding.
Checklist for creating E-A-T content
There are high E-A-T pages of all types may it be fashion, travel, gossip, forum, or Q&A pages, and hence it all depends on the exclusive information and valuable perspectives provided by community experts.
Main Content (MC) is any part of the page that helps directly to achieve the main purpose of the page. It may be in the form of text, image, video, game, or page featured (games, calculator).
What all is required for High E-A-T pages?
- A satisfying amount of high-quality MC,
- Positive reputation of the website,
- High E-A-T of the publisher and/or author
- High E-A-T for the page
Focus on Content
Ensure that you offer the best content to users.
How to do that?
- Ensure the content of the article provide a descriptive summary of the content,
- it should provide original research, analysis or information, content should provide a comprehensive description of the topic,
- the content should be helpful if in case user want to bookmark or share it with a friend,
- when researched about the topic and organization it should leave an impression of well-trustiness and a well-organization,
- the headline or sub-headline of the article should not be pessimistic or exaggerating,
- Content should be free from factual errors,
- Content should provide users with beyond obvious and insightful information,
- Content should be viewed well when opened in mobile devices,
- Content should be free from stylish or spelling errors,
- Avoid excessive ads which can distract users from MC,
- Make sure you provide substantial value when compared to other pages.
Why PQ is important?
The main objective of Page Quality (PQ) rating is to decide how well the page achieves its purpose. Every website and webpage can have a different purpose and hence the standards and expectations set for them are also different. The very first step of PQ is to understand the purpose of the webpage.
Webpages that purposely spread harm, hate, deceive users, or misinform users receive the lowest ratings. Moreover, pages created with no attempt to help users or without any beneficial purpose are also rated low in Google’s ranking.
Characteristics of PQ
- High level of E-A-T,
- A satisfying amount of high-quality MC,
- Clear and Satisfying Website Information
- Positive website reputation.
Highest Quality Page
- very high and positive reputation of the page,
- a very high level of E-A-T for with the high purpose of the page,
- very high quality or comprehensive amount of high-quality MC.
- An inadequate level of E-A-T,
- quality of MC is low,
- title of the MC is exaggerated or shocking,
- A mildly negative reputation for a website or creator of the MC,
- unsatisfying amount of website information,
- distracting ads in the middle of MC.
Lowest Quality Pages
- Demonstrably inaccurate content,
- No MC or purpose,
- No E-A-T,
- copied content,
- promotes hate, violence, harm towards groups of people.
Medium Quality Pages
- no high ranking,
- nothing wrong but nothing special MC,
- page does achieve its purpose.
Example of High Quality Page
Parenting article about strollers – (Example)
This author has become a known expert on parenting issues. The blog post has received many awards and the author is also a regular contributor to parenting issues.
Example of Low Quality Page
Article about nuclear power – (Example)
How to make content more relevant?
There’s a key for making better and more relevant content which can be found by examining Google’s Quality Raters Guidelines.
Boost Your E-A-T score
- Always include writer or author name and biography in editorial contents/ articles.
- Ensure technical security of all the pages.
- Edit or update Low E-A-T content.
- Interact with your audience and influencers
- Brand marketing and advertising.
What is SEO?
There’s vast information available online related to any type of content. Google helps users to get a better experience through their online searches. This is a process of improvising the quality of web traffic.
Ever noticed how the pages on the Google search result are ranked or arranged?
And hence, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is important.
High traffic generates a high ranking which eventually results in more revenue.
Through the search engine, your content is visible and discovered to users. Hence, it should be very well-organized to make the user experience better. No matter your website might be smaller or bigger, SEO applies to all the contents so that it helps the search engine understand and present your content accordingly.
Following some best practices, and you can make search engines crawl, index, and rank your content more efficiently. These practices include making tiny-tiny modifications but when viewed all-together these modifications will give a noticeable impact on your website to users and eventually this will result in organic search performance.
How to Increase SEO?
To get more relevant users viewing your content, you need to make your content search-friendly. This is what SEO does. For this, ensure your website is fast, secure, responsive, and accessible to all.
Scrutinize your Website
Thoroughly auditing your website and updating the content as per standards and technological factors is very crucial.
Check this quick checklist that will help in your website rankings.
- Check SEO meta titles and descriptions of all your website pages.
- Page formation – bold or italicize important keywords, make proper heading and sub-headings, and if it is optimized for call-to-action.
- Check URL structure – it should be readable, use hyphens, ignore dynamic URL, avoid capital letters, add target keyword in URL, use 301 redirects, use canonical URLs.
- SEO keywords – check if each page is optimized for SEO keywords.
- Make use of internal as well as external links.
- Make use of keywords in ALT tags in images.
- Make articles, blogs, content easy for people to read.
- Keep checking and updating the overall health of your website – this includes warnings, recommendations, updates, errors, etc.
Advances SEO Tips
Now, here are some very important advanced tips to be followed to increase your Search Engine Optimisation.
This is an awesome link provided by Google to check what is trending every second.
Make use of Google trends and analyze what is trending every day every year that to state wise.
What Public Demands?
- Know your target audience, analyze and learn what do they want.
- Identify the content that generates traffic.
- Once you understand what content they want to read, you can easily focus on it. And this will drag their attention.
- Use applications such as Quora to know what questions people ask. Search your primary keyword in Quora and check the blog traffic. Check if you can write upon any of the questions asked.
- Avoid elaborating thin content.
- Check visitor comments on your posts regularly and try to reach them.
- See which posts get the most likes and shares. Analyze and learn the reason behind which content is shared more.
- Use Google Analytics to check which of your page is mostly viewed by people and what readers want. Check the avg. page view, bounce rate, exit percentage regularly. It tells if people actually read your post or just skipped it.
9. Another popular tool to check the best content engagement ideas is Buzzsumo. Run a search with your primary keyword or domain to quickly discover content ideas, uncover platform insights, identify passionate influencers.
10. People share articles when they think the content will be useful for others. So keep checking which posts give the highest number of shares.
11. Use Ubersuggest which is a free online available tool to check keywords, improve and expand your marketing strategy. This website will also help you to find the exact content that attracts SEO traffic.
Website should be Mobile-friendly
Your website should be more user-friendly. About 80% of users used a mobile device to search the internet in 2019.
It should be responsive and perform excellently more on mobile devices.
Since Google’s mobile-friendly algorithm has rolled out which is supposed to give an extra ranking boost for mobile-friendly websites in the mobile search results.
Check your website if it’s mobile-friendly here.
Create Landing Pages
This is another great way to increase your SEO. Make sure your landing pages are SEO optimized.
Landing Page is a stand-alone web page in digital marketing designed especially for a single goal and created for marketing or advertising purpose. It is the page where visitors ‘land’ after they click on the link through any social media.
Your landing page should prompt visitors for call-to-action, should be informative with useful content, and without any navigation. This should be linked with a motto that users should stick to it.
A landing page can generate your sales as well as lead. Moreover, well-designed landing pages can open gateways for incoming search traffic.
Use Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a web service that allows webmasters to check indexing status and optimize the visibility of their websites. This service is provided by Google.
This service helps you monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot your site’s presence in Google Search results.
Try to convey your knowledge, data, information more clearly and quickly using graphics. Infographics should be textually and visually concise.
This is one of the best ways to engage users.
Keep improving the structure, form, and appearance of previous articles
Quick tips to modify the appearance of your website:
- Add search result features for your website,
- Create descriptive page titles,
- Create good snippets,
- Always provide publication date,
- Define a favicon to show in search results,
- Add images rights metadata as Google supports IPTC metadata format,
- Enable web stories on Google,
- Enable Google podcast in search results.
Update your old articles with new potential traffic
Google follows 3 basic steps to generate results from web pages those are crawling, indexing, and ranking.
Keep updating your previous articles and do not forget to publish dates with them.
Stay tuned with technological updates keep altering your contents when needed. Keep improvising your lowest-performing content. For instance, you can add testimonials or case studies. Keep track of underperforming content and analyze keywords,
*Don’t forget to update old images.
Buzz on Social Media
Social Media is Free. Make sure what you prompt should be engaging and authentic.
May it be any platform, for instance, Facebook, Instagram, or Linkedln, the content you create should connect to your audience.
How Google Selects Relevant Pages
- Meta Data
This is not at all an easy task to create content and update content that survives in the future Google. It demands time and works! Creating better content for readers will always experience you with great stand-in Google, high conversion rates, better SEO performance, and expert in Google search results.
Leave a Comment
Subscribe: Trusted By 1M+ Readers
Get the weekly Tech Update straight to your inbox.