.Bank Domain Registration
Take your Bank Website to the Next Level
Since its launch in 2015, the .BANK domain TLD has gained popularity, with thousands of banks registering their domain names. It is now widely recognized as the go-to platform for growth and innovation in the financial services industry across the globe.
WHAT WE DO
Looking to register a .Bank Domain Name (TLD) in India while ensuring complete compliance?
Introducing the latest addition to top-level domains (TLDs) – the .bank domain name, here to stay for the long haul. Netspace™ India is proud to be the sole provider of Bank Domain Services in India, offering applications for registering .bank domain names for financial domain registration. Trust us to assist you in securing your domain name and ensuring compliance with all necessary regulations.
Table of Contents
The Domain Name For Banks
Why Register .Bank TLD?
Today more and more consumers are using mobile and online banking, and banks of all sizes need innovative tools to meet evolving customer expectations.
.Bank is a 21st-century bank extension especially designed for the banking community around the globe.
Banks of all sizes in India can now build a trusted, more secure, online identity with a .bank domain name and help secure their online branding.
This bank extension authenticates a bank identity using a trusted verification process, supporting robust security technology.
With custom domains available now to enhance your brand recognition you don’t need a long tail domain name.
As each .bank domain registration goes through verification and looks through government regulators of chartered and supervision for the verification of the bank, there is a high chance of getting your www.branded.bank domain name.
In fact, thousands of banks around the world have already registered domain names under .bank TLD and started using them.
Cybersecurity against phishing and spoofing
If your domain name is transfer to .bank TLD, which proclaims globally that the bank has prioritized and enhanced its cybersecurity against phishing and spoofing.
Holding a .BANK domain TLD is like having ‘.gov’ for government website, and ‘.edu’ for educational university.
Customers can instantly verify a bank identity just by looking for .bank at the end of an email address or a website URL with .bank extension.
.Bank ‘Pioneers’ badge recognizes the banks who have added this important layer of cybersecurity.
Who Can Apply For .BANK TLD In India?
Now, let’s talk about registration requirements for owning .Bank TLD.
If your bank comes under the following category, you can apply to .bank domain name.
- Commercial Banks – Commercial Banks refer to both scheduled and non-scheduled commercial banks which are regulated under Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- Scheduled Banks – Any bank which is listed in the 2nd schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 is considered a scheduled bank. The list includes the State Bank of India and its subsidiaries (like State Bank of Travancore), all nationalised banks (Bank of Baroda, Bank of India etc), regional rural banks (RRBs), foreign banks (HSBC Holdings Plc, Citibank NA) and some co-operative banks. These also include private sector banks, both classified as old (Karur Vysya Bank) and new (HDFC Bank Ltd).
- Non-scheduled Banks – Non-scheduled banks by definition are those which are not listed in the 2nd schedule of the RBI act, 1934. Banks with a reserve capital of less than 5 lakh rupees qualify as non-scheduled banks.
- Co-operative Banks – All banks registered under the Cooperative Societies Act, 1912 are considered co-operative banks.
- Regional Rural Banks
Registering .BANK Domain Name Timeline
3 Easy Steps To Register .Bank Domain Name In India
Check Availability Of Domain Name
First thing first, lets check if your bank name is available under registry operator.
Visit this page and search for your domain name with .bank tld.
In this example, we have taken Indian Overseas for reference.
In the next page, enter the bank details with company information and point of contact.
An automated estimate will be created and emailed to you for reference.
Prepare documentation for .Bank registration
Once above steps are completed, arrange the following documents to be submitted through Netspace (India) via a secure environment.
- Legal Name of the Eligible Registrant (The Bank Name),
- Registrant Contact Name,
- Registrant Contact Address (Street, City, State/Province/Region, Postal Code),
- Registrant Contact Email Address,
- Registrant Contact Telephone Number,
- Government Regulatory Authority (if applicable),
- Regulatory ID Number (if applicable).
Verification of documents
ftld registry services will now verify your document through government regulators and then approve your .Bank Domain Name.
This verification process may take upto 15 working days as it involves various government body approvals.
Netspace (India), Will take care of all communication in between and provide support during this process of approval.
Registrars may request additional information such as a human resources contact name and telephone number where they can verify the employment information that the Registrant Contact is authorized to register the domain requested.
The additional contact information is not required but will expedite the verification process for your domains by providing the Government Regulatory Authority and Regulatory ID Number.
After completion of the above steps, your domain name will be assigned to your bank. We will help you configure a domain name, as per guideline of .bank registry.