How To Make WordPress Site Spam And Hack Proof
Anyone can start a website using a WordPress CMS within an hour using any standard hosting plan, But the most used application is the most hacked application. With WordPress following issues are very common :
- comment spamming
Table of Contents
To maintain high up-time and quality of your website follow these steps :
Make sure you keep your WordPress core up to date and all plugin, This can be done from login into your WordPress site :
Install Plugin Akismet
Akismet checks your comments against the Akismet Web service to see if they look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
Major Features in Akismet includes
- Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam.
- Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator.
- URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
- Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user.
- A discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam, saving you disk space and speeding up your site. Plugin Page >>
- USE SSL: Install an SSL for your website, installing your WordPress website keep your blog safe from injunctions. I personally recommend having HTTPS:// enabled for your website.
Daily thousands of websites get hacked, this should be your everyday concern to maintain security and take precautionary measures to make your WordPress spam free.
Leave a Comment
Get the latest news and deals
Sign up for email updates covering blogs, offers, and lots more.
Subscribe: Trusted By 1M+ Readers
Get the weekly Tech Update straight to your inbox.