How to host Java Web Application and Java Hosting
Once you have activated your Tomcat Hosting you will be able to perform following tasks:
Table of Contents
- Add / Remove Java WAR file.
- Start / Stop / Restart your Java Applications.
Features of Java Hosting
- Support for Java web hosting with MySQL.
- Support MSSQL 2005 and 2008.
- Dedicated IIS Pool.
- Apache Tomcat 7 7.0.34
- JDK 1.7 supported
How to Activate Java Hosting?
For hosting a java web application you need to first activate your Tomcat service with our windows shared hosting plan. Goto Windows Shared Hosting plan page and select the plan you desire as shown in the image below
On the next page, you need to provide the domain name on which you want to host your java web application. As Plesk needs to have a domain name on which you want to host your war file. In this example, we will take yourdomain.com as an example. Once your plan is active you will be using this domain as your parent domain. So if your application name is myapp.war then it will be hosted under yourdomain.com/myapp
The next page is important. Over here you will need to select Tomcat Hosting as your add-on service to enable Java Hosting in your plan. As shown in the screenshot below:
Once your order is placed, You will be notified at your registered email id. Next is just login into your Plesk panel and deploy your first Java application.
How to Manage Java Hosting?
- Login to your Hosting control panel, Once you logged in you will see a similar screen:
- Click on Show More
- Once you clicked on Show More Option, you will notice a tab for Java Application
- Click on install java application.
- Upload your Java War file and you should be ready with an application running.
Leave a Comment
Subscribe: Trusted By 1M+ Readers
Get the weekly Tech Update straight to your inbox.