Website Load Time – Undesrtaing every bit of website speed optimization
This page is all about making your website faster and solving Website Load Time, When we say faster we really mean it. Making a website faster and reliable need more then just good servers and we know this from our 10 years of experience.
We have worked closely with CDN provider around the globe, Each one of them have there pros and cons each one of them uses different term’s for different technology.
Our study show’s that :
- 47% of people expect a web page to load in two seconds or less.
- 40% will abandon a web page if it takes more than three seconds to load.
- 52% of online shoppers say quick page loads are important for their loyalty to a site.
and the above number’s are really big number, So if you have slow website and you think applying CDN will boost your speed, Well it will but not upto that level.
From our experience we have learned :
- Not all CDN provider have nodes in India.
- It is not only CDN which make your website faster.
- Web server’s play important role in speeding up your website.
- Cloud implementation help a lot.
If you have simple moderated traffic (with not more then 50k visitors per month) and most have them are from India then even a shared linux SSD based hosting will also do the trick for you.
bellow is the website configured with Basic CDN and Shared SSD hosting (Before & After)
The above image you can see clearly the load time is almost 14 Sec, and 89% slower then all tested website.
Now, Let’s go ahead and see the result after moving this website to Linux SSD based Shared Hosting
Now, See the result. It is now faster the 46% of all tested websites tools.pingdom.com.
To speed up your website you need to work on following things :
1. Minimize HTTP Requests
2. Reduce server response time (SSD play’s important role in this)
3. Enable compression
4. Enable browser caching
We @ NetSpaceIndia understand the importance of speedy website and we make sure you get one. Contact us for in depth analysis of your wesbite.