Why .Bank Domain Name Make Sense To Indian Financial Institution ?
The brand new .bank domain name (or .BANK) top-level domain (TLD) is here and it’s here to stay for sure. Till now NetSpaceIndia is the only domain registrar in India which is now taking application for registering .bank domain name online for financial domain registration as finacle service provider.
The experts claim, the launch of .bank TLD is a lot more secure for both banks and consumers. .BANK is operated by fTLD Registry Services, LLC—a coalition of banks, insurance companies and financial services trade associations from around the world—which ensures it is governed in the best interests of banks and their customers.
Who can apply for .bank TLD in India ?
- Commercial Banks
Commercial Banks refer to both scheduled and non-scheduled commercial banks which are regulated under Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- Scheduled Banks any bank which is listed in the 2nd schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 is considered a scheduled bank. The list includes the State Bank of India and its subsidiaries (like State Bank of Travancore), all nationalised banks (Bank of Baroda, Bank of India etc), regional rural banks (RRBs), foreign banks (HSBC Holdings Plc, Citibank NA) and some co-operative banks. These also include private sector banks, both classified as old (Karur Vysya Bank) and new (HDFC Bank Ltd).
- Non-scheduled BanksNon-scheduled banks by definition are those which are not listed in the 2nd schedule of the RBI act, 1934. Banks with a reserve capital of less than 5 lakh rupees qualify as non-scheduled banks.
- Co-operative BanksAll banks registered under the Cooperative Societies Act, 1912 are considered co-operative banks.
- Regional Rural Banks
Registrants must provide the following information:
- Legal Name of the Eligible Registrant (the organization name)
- Registrant Contact Name
- Registrant Contact Address (Street, City, State/Province/Region, Postal Code)
- Registrant Contact Email Address
- Registrant Contact Telephone Number
- Government Regulatory Authority (if applicable)
- Regulatory ID Number (if applicable)
Note: the Registrant Contact must be a full-time employee of the Registrant and cannot be a contract employee.
Registrars may request additional information such as a human resources contact name and telephone number who can verify the employment information of the Registrant Contact and the name and contact information for someone who can verify that the Registrant Contact is authorized to register the domains requested. The additional contact information is not required, but will expedite the verification process for your domains as will providing the Government Regulatory Authority and Regulatory ID Number.
First, check to see if the domain is reserved from registration by fTLD or per ICANN requirements (see these lists at Resources). Second, if the domain is not reserved from registration, use the WHOIS search function to lookup the domain. If the response is “No Match” for the searched domain then it is available for registration. Contact us if you need more info on registering .bank domain name