YouTube Alternative – World Most Viewed Video Streaming Network
The digital world is screaming loud about video streaming and when it comes to online video streaming and video sharing platform, google owned YouTube is the first website that comes to mind.
But, due to intense regulation and limitation youtube.com, people are searching for YouTube alternative.
YouTube is no doubt famed platform, and people are making fortune of money out there.
Here is the article about Indian Youtuber who are making millions of rupees just from YouTube.
It is hard to make a YouTube alternative that would sustain itself. Never the less, even YouTube is not a profitable platform.
Should any YouTube alternative be successful?
As it also gives people a strong motivation to stop using YouTube, which is the second most visited website, second largest search engine, the most profitable digital marketing platform and the most open video sharing platform in the world.
Alternatives of YouTube also have to offer such value to people that YouTube will not be able to deliver without fundamentally changing or dismantling their current business module.
Most of the proposed YouTube alternative are not able to deliver on this promise due to which till now there is no strong competitor for YouTube.
Many times the content is restricted due to copyright issues, sometimes you want to monetize your content not just by ads but by having paid subscriber.
These YouTube alternatives are worth exploring.
Table of Contents
List Of YouTube Alternative
If you are video content creator and you want to decide between Vimeo and YouTube, then you have to know about your targeted audience. YouTube’s community is very large, with over 2+ billion users that watch millions of hours of video content – every day!
Larger the community more the risk. You may run into some questionable, highly offensive users that are not afraid to tell you exactly how they feel about your video.
In other side, Vimeo has a much smaller user base (around 360 million viewers).
But at the same time community is generally very supportive, and has many users that offer more constructive feedback than YouTube.
Advantages of Vimeo
Vimeo’s strategy has some clear differences from YouTube. If you are a video creator then you’ve got to pay to get an account. Moreover, here you receive a higher-quality viewer in return. This may be particularly beneficial in B2B circumstances.
- No video ads i.e., nothing will interrupt your video watching experience, so viewers are more inclined to see video till end.
- A paid account delivers lot of value. It is also possible to save up to five terabytes of videos, and you get a fantastic set of analytic tools. You are able to customize your channel with different logo and colors.
- Privacy configurations offers detailed control over accessibility of videos. Among other options, you are able to password-protect a video or define which accounts may see it.
- You are able to establish a Portfolio on your account, along with your own online brand and domain name. (Planning to start Vimeo account? Register Domain name in India)
- This platform has a reputation for much better quality and it also keeps promoting staff selections.
Disadvantages of Vimeo
- Visibility is lower than YouTube by all measures. It has a smaller audience, fewer views, and lower standing in Google’s search results.
- You can’t accept ads to sponsor your videos.
- This platform imposes limits on the total amount of storage you can use. How much you get depends on the plan you choose.
Metacafe was launched two years before YouTube still they have just a small percent of the content, and of course celebrity.
This is a movie ”destination” that divides the fantastic stuff in the chaff and contains just the very best user-uploaded videos.
Here the content filter is not as strong either – unless you are ok with soft pornography, and they do not have any privacy choice for users.
The website’s endless advertisements may drive anyone crazy.
However, users may flag objectionable videos and remarks, but there aren’t any special protections for children.
Opinions are often civil but may be lewd, based upon the video being discussed.
The website does not track emails between consumers.
Advantages of Metacafe
- There are few noticeable features compared to other video sharing platforms, but it is easy to use that makes is user-friendly.
- No big registration form required. You can simply upload video with no restriction.
Disadvantages of Metacafe
- The website design looks straight from year 2000.
- The development team is not doing much to improve the user experience.
- A big NSFW (not safe for work) and kids, anyone can click on button “I am 18 years and above” and start viewing the content which may not be safe for kids.
- Too many ads on the website and in the video.
At first view, YouTube and DailyMotion looked alike — they both let people upload and view videos from all over the world.
But the key difference is about the context of small businesses and how they incorporate the sites into their corporate identities.
A company named Vivendi (French Company) own DailyMotion and was founded one month after YouTube, calls itself the number-two video site on the internet.
It’s one of the last mainstream vestiges of user uploaded video content outside of Google — a role Dailymotion has been able to hold onto, at least in part, by hosting content YouTube won’t touch.
From a traffic perspective, Dailymotion is a powerful website.
In reality, at 2011 Google DoubleClick’s Ad Planner recorded it as the 44th most visited website online.
According to ComScore, Dailymotion brings 116 million monthly unique visitors to YouTube’s 1.2 billion.
Advantages of Dailymotion
- This platform is good choice for those who don’t want a site to be picky about the rights of content for each video.
- Tends to be fewer claims for copyright issues related to this portal because producers are not paying so much attention.
- The website attracts over 112 million unique monthly visitors, and 2.5 billion video views worldwide.
Disadvantages of Dailymotion
- They have more compact audience compared to YouTube.
- Additionally, few technical problems with the website like tabbed webpages, broken links (videos which are eliminated but nevertheless display in search results), and requires user to login frequently.
Alugha is exceptional due to its multilingualism, all articles can be found in couple of languages.
Besides hosting, sharing and uploading of movies, Alugha provides all tools to generate your video searchable.
It is possible to easily combine a lot of music files in one video. You upload the movie and include the language monitors including all metadata from the corresponding language and all done.
For optimization reasons, each search engine will determine every language monitor as a distinct video page which means that you’ll need one video and one recorded video page for every extra speech on Google.
Video producers can manage cases like who can get view contents and choose on which sites it is permitted to share or upload their video.
The broad scope of videos looks in order of the publishing date and there’s a research engine on the site.
The best part is there is not any advertising, and you’ll be able to find articles in your mother tongue!
The service is free of charge, but you can find also extended bundles for businesses.
The list can go as long as we want. But, few good one’s are listed above.
If you have some of your own YouTube alternative then do comment about them below.
Here are some other articles which I feel you will love to read.
Related Articles :
Leave a Comment
Subscribe: Trusted By 1M+ Readers
Get the weekly Tech Update straight to your inbox.